Thursday, September 20, 2012

Update: 101 in 1001

Well I figured it was time to review my list and see if I have got anything accomplished these past six months! I have been crazy busy working on planning a wedding and I kind of forgot that I was even doing the project! I need to get the rest of my list posted but for now I have just updated my current list. Updates are in red!






Well not sure if any of you guys have heard of this but there is a website called Day Zero Project (http://dayzeroproject.com/about/) It is pretty cool, here are the rules..





The Challenge:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.



The Criteria:

Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).



Why 1001 Days?

Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.





Here are my first 50... anybody want to do it with me!???!:]



1.Own a longhorn



2. Buy Old Gringo Boots Well- technically I 'bought' old gringo boots. They were SO pretty and I loved them but they wouldn't fit my fat calves!!! I wanted to wear them with my wedding dress but had to settle for another pair. Here is a link to the OLD GRINGO BOOTS I 'owned' and then returned. :[

3. Get a new laptop



4. Have a Fireplace



5. Louis Vuitton Bag



6. Get a sewing machine



7. Buy a video camera



8. Make BCD an LLC



9. Double my salary



10. Stock, and keep up Etsy store and Abbie's



11. Send a message in a bottle



12. Ride in a limo (again)



13. Spend a day quilting with grandma



14. Learn to Rope



15. Golf a whole course



16. Make 10 crock-pot meals- I have made two! Pulled pork and Sesame Chicken



17. Learn two songs on the guitar



18. Have a successful garden



19. Make fruit leather



20. Run for a cause



21. Send Christmas Cards



22. Cook Something in a fry daddy (that's for you Irelands ;])



23. Find a horse I trust and ride it faster than ever



24. Play my old piano



25. Get my passport - Got my passport for our honeymoon to HERE!



26. Leave a 100% tip



27.Make an entire outfit I love by hand



28.Send Birthday cards all year



29. Take a photography class



30. Get my concealed weapon permit



31. Take CPR Class



32. Go to a drive in movie (again)



33. Take Buck to an NFL Game



34. Skydive



35. Get another tattoo



36. Get over my fear of needles



37. Climb a fourteener



38. Start a family tradition



39. Sing Kareoke



40. Buy at least ten lottery tickets



41. Ride in a hot air balloon



42. Go junk hunting in Texas



43. Find a church I like and go



44. Make a map of places Buck and I have been together



45. Host a Theme Party



46.Make a scrapbook



47. Ride the Amtrak Somewhere



48. Eat Seafood fresh by the ocean



49. Go to Big Bend Texas



50. Attend the Kentucky Derby - Went this year! It was so fun but VERY expensive and I don't think I want to go again- The lines were so long Buck and I stayed in the same place shoulder to shoulder with thousands of people just trying to get out the gate to our car. We ended up walking 2 miles to our car.. people were passing out left and right and I totally felt like cattle in a chute!

No comments:

Post a Comment