Well I figured it was time to review my list and see if I have got anything accomplished these past six months! I have been crazy busy working on planning a wedding and I kind of forgot that I was even doing the project! I need to get the rest of my list posted but for now I have just updated my current list. Updates are in red!
Well not sure if any of you guys have heard of this but there is a website called Day Zero Project (http://dayzeroproject.com/about/) It is pretty cool, here are the rules..
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Here are my first 50... anybody want to do it with me!???!:]
1.Own a longhorn
2. Buy Old Gringo Boots Well- technically I 'bought' old gringo boots. They were SO pretty and I loved them but they wouldn't fit my fat calves!!! I wanted to wear them with my wedding dress but had to settle for another pair. Here is a link to the OLD GRINGO BOOTS I 'owned' and then returned. :[
3. Get a new laptop
4. Have a Fireplace
5. Louis Vuitton Bag
6. Get a sewing machine
7. Buy a video camera
8. Make BCD an LLC
9. Double my salary
10. Stock, and keep up Etsy store and Abbie's
11. Send a message in a bottle
12. Ride in a limo (again)
13. Spend a day quilting with grandma
14. Learn to Rope
15. Golf a whole course
16. Make 10 crock-pot meals- I have made two! Pulled pork and Sesame Chicken
17. Learn two songs on the guitar
18. Have a successful garden
19. Make fruit leather
20. Run for a cause
21. Send Christmas Cards
22. Cook Something in a fry daddy (that's for you Irelands ;])
23. Find a horse I trust and ride it faster than ever
24. Play my old piano
25. Get my passport - Got my passport for our honeymoon to HERE!
26. Leave a 100% tip
27.Make an entire outfit I love by hand
28.Send Birthday cards all year
29. Take a photography class
30. Get my concealed weapon permit
31. Take CPR Class
32. Go to a drive in movie (again)
33. Take Buck to an NFL Game
35. Get another tattoo
36. Get over my fear of needles
37. Climb a fourteener
38. Start a family tradition
39. Sing Kareoke
40. Buy at least ten lottery tickets
41. Ride in a hot air balloon
42. Go junk hunting in Texas
43. Find a church I like and go
44. Make a map of places Buck and I have been together
45. Host a Theme Party
46.Make a scrapbook
47. Ride the Amtrak Somewhere
48. Eat Seafood fresh by the ocean
49. Go to Big Bend Texas
50. Attend the Kentucky Derby - Went this year! It was so fun but VERY expensive and I don't think I want to go again- The lines were so long Buck and I stayed in the same place shoulder to shoulder with thousands of people just trying to get out the gate to our car. We ended up walking 2 miles to our car.. people were passing out left and right and I totally felt like cattle in a chute!